hen describing the moral values of the Qur'an, begin with those closest to you...
Inviting a stranger whose moral values and view of life one is unaware of to adopt religious moral values requires knowledge, experience and time. Therefore, you can start describing the moral values of Islam to people you know, people with whom you can easily establish a relationship. This will save you time and allow you to gain experience and identify your own weaknesses.
You can share what you learn from the books of Harun Yahya with your family, close friends and those you feel you have a rapport with. You can tell them about the importance of unity and union, the proofs of Allah's creation and His infinite might and power, the moral values of Islam and about the life of our Prophet (pbuh). Do not forget these valuable words of our Prophet (pbuh) in fulfilling this obligation:
The people do not sit but they are surrounded by angels and covered by Mercy, and there descends upon them tranquillity as they remember Allah, and Allah makes a mention of them to those who are near Him. (Muslim)
As revealed in the above hadith, learning and teaching the verses of the Qur'an to others is most valuable in the sight of Allah. Do not feel that you cannot spare the time. If you make good use of your time you will see that everyone can do a great deal to explain the moral values of Islam. Below are a few ideas you can try for yourself. Try to use one or more of these every day. In a few months you will see that your time is now being spent for an auspicious end:
- When you have guests, instead of wasting time on empty and pointless chat you can talk about such subjects as the moral values and brotherhood of which the Prophet (pbuh) speaks in his hadiths. You can also read out verses from the Qur'an and stories about the life of our Prophet (pbuh). You can read Harun Yahya's books about faith, politics or scientific matters, and tell each other about what you have learned.
- For the conversations made when traveling or walking in the street, you can think up agendas chosen from the subject matter in the books of Harun Yahya. There is no need to set aside any special time for this, but time which you would have spent in chatting anyway can be used in a wise manner.
- You can suggest to shops you frequent or which you see sell DVDs, videos, VCDs or audio cassettes that they stock the works of Harun Yahya. If such places have a television or music system which plays all day, you can suggest that they play documentaries based on the works of Harun Yahya on the television or on tape. Please let us know of any positive responses.
- You can ask bookshops in your own area to stock the works of Harun Yahya.
- You can monitor educational and moral magazines such as Islamic Insight and encourage those around you to read and subscribe to them.
- You can watch any documentary films which come with these magazines with your friends and family, and tell other people about them.- You can learn the addresses of old people's homes or children's homes in your local area, and give them books, documentary films and audio cassettes. - -
You can buy children's books and give them to kindergartens and primary schools. You can also set aside a specific period of time and read those books to the children there on a voluntary basis, and thus contribute to them learning about the moral values of Islam.
- You can have articles by Harun Yahya published in the local or national press. Texts and articles can be obtained from our website.
- If you have relatives living abroad you can ask them to learn the names of local bookshops, libraries and publishers etc. You can then notify these to our website.
- You can arrange for a conference on The Miracles of the Qur'an, The Creation of the Universe or The Fact of Creation to be held in the area where you live. All you need to do is make contact with an organization or publisher you or someone else know. You can thus be a means whereby people come to learn about the proofs of Allah's creation.